Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Song's That Are The Same

Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" and Darlene Love's "All Alone on Christmas" sound extremely similar to one another. 


I heard on the radio the other day that Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" was the top downloaded Christmas song over the last ten years. That got me to thinking, "yes, I do love that song! It's very original, and I wonder who wrote it? Where did they come up with the tune? Then I was in my car driving the other day listening to the classic rock station and they were playing old Christmas jams. The song I heard was "All alone on Christmas" by Darlene Love. I recognized song from a favorite childhood movie, Home Alone, but also had the realization that this is where the tune for the Mariah Carey song had been born from. It's practically the same song. I do like the Mariah version better, but it just goes to show you, nothing is too original!


1992's "All Alone on Christmas" performed by Darlene Love



 1994's "All I want for Christmas" performed by Mariah Carey 



What do you think? Are they the same or what?! Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment