Thursday, June 5, 2014

Nautical with Black Accent

A Twist on Traditional Nautical Design

Add a "Pop" of Black to Spice up Neutral, "Beachy" Hues

So I can hardly believe it! I just bought my very first home ever! I feel like such a grown up :)

I've been waiting for this moment forever, so I can unleash my inner interior designer! So I just absolutely love nautical and beach inspired rooms, but if you don't add a little bit of variation, it can become super overkill. A great way to add some "variation" would be to use other stronger colors that work with the space to make it more visually interesting. In design, it is best not to ever be very matchy-matchy. It tends to make the space appear more like a furniture showroom than a home. 

Below is one of my polyvore sets that I'm dreaming about doing to our new home! I absolutely love the day bed. The storage below is fabulous, and it pulls out to become a full size bed for overnight guests. And the best part? Without the mattress, this little gem costs about $300-$400. Good stuff.


Nautical with Black Accent

No comments:

Post a Comment